Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
CIPS is the premier global organisation serving the procurement and supply profession. Dedicated to promoting best practice, CIPS promotes and develops high standards of professional skill, ability and integrity among those engaged in purchasing and supply chain management. Please note that you need to be a CIPS member before registering for an exam. Find out more on the membership pages of the CIPS website.
Exchange Rate for November 2013: 1£= Ksh. 138
Latest Important Notices for CIPS candidates:
- CIPS Fees have been revised with effect from November 2013 as follows:
Exemption Payment Only – £100
New Member – Affiliate – £98
New Member – Studying – £84
Renewal – Diploma/Certificate/Student Member – £52
Renewal – Fellow – £79
- Please note that on the day of the exam you must bring with you your confirmation letter and some formal identity (e.g. Driving Licence, Passport or National Identity card). For the British Council, this identity document must contain a number, a date of birth, signature and photograph.These should be presented to the invigilator before taking your seat.
- How do I become a member of CIPS?
- How do I renew my CIPS membership?
- When and where can I sit my exams?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I register?
- When will I receive my results?
- What is the refunds policy?
- What happens before the exam?
- What must I bring to the exam?
- I need more information
Become a member of CIPS
CIPS requires you to be a member prior to registering for any exams. Please download a membership application form from the CIPS website. When you have completed your registration through the CIPS website, you will receive login details from CIPS and details of the level of examination you should sit. Membership registration is open throughout the year. Back to top
Renew your CIPS membership
Exam dates and locations
- Exam registrations are offered three times a year for sittings in May, July and November.
- Download the CIPS November 2013 timetable here, and the CIPS November 2013 timetable for the New Qualifications here.
- Exams will be held at Oshwal College, Parklands 2nd Avenue, Parklands, Nairobi.
Payment and submission for November 2013:
- Early bird closure: 9 August 2013
- Normal closure: 20 September 2013
|November 2013 Exam session|
|Exam fee||Early bird fees||KES 8,970 (£65)|
|Normal fees||KES 9,660 (£70)|
|Membership renewal fees||Renewal – Diploma, Certificate, Student Member||KES 7,176 (£52)|
|Renewal – Full member, Affiliate||KES 9,108 (£66)|
|Renewal – Fellow||KES 10,902 (£79)|
|New membership fees||Full member||KES 11,592 (£84)|
|Affiliate||KES 13,524 (£98)|
|Affiliate member progressing through the Management entry route||KES 13,524 (£98)|
|Student, Certificate, Diploma, Associate Member||KES 11,592 (£84)|
Register and pay
- Download a CIPS Enrollment Guide.
- Download and complete the relevant CIPS registration form
- CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply November 2013- NEW SYLLABUS
- CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supply November 2013- NEW SYLLABUS
- CIPS Registration Form Level 6 – November 2013
- CIPS Registration Form Level 5 – November 2013
- CIPS Registration Form Level 4 – November 2013
- CIPS Registration Form Certificate Level - November 2013
Payment options 1. Pay by bank transfer using the following account details: Account name: British Council Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Account number 0108023243600 Bank code: 02 Branch code: 078 Type of account: Current Please indicate whether payments are for membership and/or exams and please keep a copy as proof of payment. 2. Direct deposit at Standard Chartered bank Complete the British Council Deposit Slip (available at Standard Chartered branches. Please make separate deposits for membership and/or exams fees, and be sure to indicate clearly the name of the exam on the deposit slip. The code should then be followed by your Surname, then First Name. See attached example. Submit your completed exam registration form to the British Council offices in Nairobi. Back to top
- Results will be available on My CIPS.
- Please refer to our exams refund policy.
Before the exam
Once we have received confirmation of payment, we will send you a notification within seven working days. CIPS will send you the statement of entry. If you do not receive the statement of entry form CIPS two weeks before the exam please contact CIPS. Your statement of entry will include your exam timetable. Once you are registered you can also check your exams itinerary and update your contact details on the My CIPS webpage. Be sure to browse the CIPS website for essential resources for students and trainers who are studying, taking exams or training for CIPS qualifications. Back to top
At the exam
Please bring the following with you to your exam session:
- Identification such as a valid International Passport or National ID Card
- Statement of entry
- Pens, pencils in a CLEAR bag
- Basic calculator
- No electronic devices. e.g. mobile phone, etc
The British Council and the examining boards take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. We feel sure you will understand, however, that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or their results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or retesting at a later date. Fees: All fees are valid for the current registration period only and are subject to change. Please check the relevant web pages for the latest fees before registering for the next session of exams. Back to top