Professional Skills Centre Manager
Your responsibility is to lead the development and growth of the Professional Skills initiative in Kenya, to achieve business plan targets and regional and global strategic objectives. Through this work, the role will assist in positioning the British Council and the UK as a leading authority in skills for employability in Kenya and as the partner of choice for key decision-makers in both the public and private sectors.
|Closing date||Monday 23 April 2018|
Strategy and planning
- Use management information, analysis and personal operating experience to identify and make recommendations and improvements to Kenya’s Professional Skills Centre’s ways of working, processes, procedures and resources to enhance efficiency and productivity.
Finance and Resource Management
- Develop financial plans to achieve annual and long-term business objectives and meet the agreed commercial targets in country Implement business plans, monitor costs and income, and manage changes
- Use standard corporate protocols, combined with previous experience and detailed knowledge of the local socio-political and commercial context, to assess a range of risks to service delivery
Commercial and business development
- Feed into British Council’s regional marketing strategy for sub-Saharan Africa to ensure a joined-up approach to marketing and achieve economies of scale
Directly line manage one to two non-training staff as well as up to 10 trainers
- Carry out recruitment and induction of team members and other staff as required to create an effective Professional Skills team with a very clear sense of shared purpose
High-level academic management
- Oversee reviews of products and services and feed into product strategies to create a high-quality, innovative and sustainable product offer
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality standards are being achieved and maintain British Council’s position at the forefront of best Professional Skills practices
How to apply
Please visit our jobs portal.
Closing date for application is 23rd April 2018 @23.59hrs UK time.