Regional Financial Controller - Sub Sahara Africa
This role manages the end to end accounting process across the operation on behalf of the Regional Finance Director, including month and year-end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. The post holder will be responsible for the controllership of income in excess of £80 million and have had success in managing a similar sized portfolio The role will manage a team (size will vary by region) of accountants which may be based in multiple locations.
|Location||Sub Sahara Africa (Flexible Location)|
|Closing date||Monday 23 April 2018|
- Manage the financial month end process, being accountable to the Regional Financial Director for the pre-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records. As part of this, the role will also be responsible for review and monitoring all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals, and provisions), including Intercompany accounting, ensuring appropriate use of these in line with accounting rules.
- Review and post all manual journals and off-system payments.
- Perform reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Ensure that local external accounting requirements are adhered to. This may include managing local providers such as tax accountants or auditors.
- Review and approval of local Tax and other statutory returns.
- Provide an advisory function to operations on technical accounting issues, and liaise with other specialist finance functions such as Tax and Treasury as needed.
- Identify issues and resolution in relation to financial accounting matters.
- Oversee requests for new Master Data items (Profit Centre, Cost Centre, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), etc.) and continual monitoring thereafter to ensure that the integrity of finances is maintained.
- Produce periodic reports relating to financial accounting.
- Monitor the cost allocation ratios for the region to ensure that they are based in accurate accounting rationale.
- Ensure that the operation fully complies with Travel & Expenses policy and that claims are submitted promptly and accurately with relevant documentation.
- Manages the creation of billing documents once the process has been initiated by the operation and monitors debt levels.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of Income in kind submissions.
- Managing service level agreement(s) with Shared Service Centre ( SSC).
- Co-ordinate provision of information to internal/external auditors.