IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR IELTS CANDIDATES:
- Candidates should carry a pen, pencil, rubber and Identification Document used during registration on the exam day
- No Wristwatches will be allowed in the Exam Room
- Candidates must not carry valuable belongings to the exam venue as we will not be liable for loss, theft or destruction
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test. More than 2 million IELTS tests are taken each year.
Taking IELTS opens doors – it can help you live, study and work around the world. More than 8,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS, including government, academic and employment institutions. In fact, IELTS is the only English language test accepted for immigration purposes by all countries that require one.
The IELTS test is designed to help you use English in your new life abroad. In less than three hours, it will assess all of your English skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
The most effective way of testing your English conversation skills is face-to-face. IELTS is the most widely accepted English language test with a one-on-one speaking test to assess your English language communication skills.
Designed by experts in English language assessment and trusted around the world, you can be sure that IELTS will give a fair and consistent assessment of your English skills.
WHY TAKE IELTS WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL?
The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English. We have helped people in more than 130 countries gain English language qualifications that help them make the most of their chances in life. That’s a lot of experience, and it means that if you take an English language test with us, you can be confident that you’ll be well looked after.
Here are just a few reasons why millions of people have taken IELTS with the British Council:
- Expert support: from videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test
- Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of free training.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have more than 500 test locations in over 100 countries. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test.
- Easy booking: You can book your IELTS test online.
- Fast results: We guarantee you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date you take your test.
- Special arrangements: your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have. Find out more about how we can facilitate your special arrangements. Please note, you will need a medical certificate issued within the last two years at the time of registration.
- More resources: For more information and practice materials, visit the ielts.org site.