Are you registered for an upcoming IELTS exam?
Your IELTS test results are important to you, so it makes sense to prepare with the experts.
British Council Nairobi offers IELTS Preparation workshops for all registered IELTS candidates for Academic, General Training , IELTS UKVI, and IELTS Life Skills modules. IELTS is the world’s most popular English test for university studies, work and immigration. Our IELTS courses concentrate on exam techniques and strategy. We run IELTS preparatory courses, workshops, seminars and mock tests covering all four skill areas: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The aim is to maximise performance in the exam by familiarising participants with the format of the exam, as well as developing essential exam skills via strategy training and practice activities. We have over 75 years’ experience in English language teaching. Take a course with us and you can be confident that you will be taught by highly qualified English specialists, wherever you are in the world.
- Exam familiarisation: looking at the content and formats of the different papers and an explanation of the evaluation criteria.
- Strategy training: analysis of the different question types, advice on how best to approach the questions in all four papers and specific techniques to tackle different question types and exam tasks.
- Exam Practice timed simulation activities: particular emphasis on reading and writing, including presentation of arguments and feedback on common errors.
- 8 hours of workshop preparation to cover the foundation, logic and reasoning behind the questions in the exam
- Get introduced to the format of tasks that are common in the exam
- Our interactive workshops focus on exploring appropriate response strategies as well as giving advice, tips and practice opportunities
- All four sections of the exam will be covered – Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
*Fee includes lunch and refreshments
Improve your English with professional teachers from the British Council.