Join the British Council
Be part of a dynamic, international organisation dedicated to making a positive impact on people’s lives. British Council is a unique organisation to work for. We take seriously our values of integrity, creativity, mutuality, valuing people and professionalism.Working for the British Council offers a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in international cultural relations. We have 7,400 members of staff in offices, teaching centres, libraries and information and resource centres in the UK and more than 100 countries and territories worldwide.You will be part of a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Our jobs offer you a scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Behaviours: please consult our British Council Behaviours
We value diversity, as is reflected in our Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy.
To receive notification of new vacancies, register for our email newsletter.
Finance and Compliance Manager
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and dynamic finance professional to lead on Financial Management, Planning and Accounting processes for the British Council Kenya and our Regional Office based in Nairobi.
Key areas of responsibilities:-
- Manage the Financial Control and Compliance and risk management processes.
- Be an expert in all Finance areas and assist staff with financial issues.
- Ensure the delivery of all accounting and financial services.
- Ensure that corporate deadlines around treasury, banking, cashflow, risk management are met.
- Be a contributor to the planning and periodic forecasting of budgets.
- Develop professional relationships and networks with stakeholders such as Corporate Finance, Regional Finance, Audit , amongst others.
- Manage and run staff training on all areas of Finance and SAP.
- Manage specific finance projects that will improve efficiencies.
- Ensure effective and inspirational line management of Finance Officer/s.
- Work within, and make a significant contribution to a high performing Business Support Services team.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree level, or professional accountancy/finance qualification.
- Financial Management, Accounting and Business Management skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in comparable roles.
- Creating exceptional levels of customer service to British Council teams
How to Apply
• Read through the British Council behaviours at the top of this page
• Read through the job role profile below
• Download and fill in the application form below and submit it via email to email@example.com
• Deadline for receiving applications is 18th July 2014. Please disclose your current package in your application. Only candidates who are successful during short-listing will be contacted.
British Council commitment to privacy is based on UK standards and internationally accepted privacy principles and fair information practices, British Council Global Privacy Statement. This policy will apply to all locations where we operate, including those where local regulations do not exist. Where different privacy and data protection laws are in place in different countries, we will comply with those laws insofar as they meet internationally
accepted privacy principles and fair information practices. Applications will be considered only for candidates who declare their agreement to this Policy.
The British Council is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The British Council is also committed to the Child Protection Policy; applications will be considered only for candidates who declare their agreement to the Policy.