Arts Officer, Kenya
The Arts Officer will support Arts Manager Kenya, Programmes Manager Kenya and East Africa, and the wider British Council team, to deliver an engaging Kenyan arts programme that works within British Council’s East Africa Arts programme and builds knowledge and understanding between the UK and Kenya
|Closing date||Friday 06 July 2018|
Finance and Procurement:
- Support the Arts Manager Kenya with the procurement and granting of goods, finances and services in line with established corporate policies and guidelines;
- Be responsible for creating and managing purchase orders for Kenya’s East Africa Arts programme;
- Support the Arts Manager Kenya in the monitoring of arts programme budgets and cash flows in line with established corporate policies and guidelines;
- Ensure appropriate management of invoicing and payment of suppliers and vendors in a timely, compliant and efficient manner.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work with Arts Manager Kenya to administer British Council’s monitoring and evaluation tool:
- Results and Evidence Framework Level 2. (Or whichever tool is currently approved and used by British Council).
- Work with Arts Manager Kenya to collect and record all quantitative data within the deadline and according to corporate standards.
Equality, diversity and inclusion and Child Protection standards:
- Support the Arts Manager Kenya to ensure that programme delivery and activity reflect British Council EDI policy.
- Ensure that child protection policy and standards are followed and maintained for all relevant projects
- Support Arts Manager Kenya with the delivery of programme activity to agreed timelines, costs and performance indicators.
- Support Kenya arts team in organising and managing logistics related to programme delivery.
- Be responsible for programme records management, including contracts, and archiving in line with corporate policy on data protection and information management.
- Support arts team with the management, communication and coordination of key stakeholder groups.
- Build and manage an up to date Kenya East Africa Arts database, to corporate standards of confidentiality.
- Support communications teams from across the organisation to tell stories of the impact of the Arts and for British Council’s East Africa Arts programme.