The aim of Operations/ Business Support Services team is to provide excellent customer service support to staff and ensure strategic management. This key role will support the Office Administrator and Operations team in ensuring that our office and residences are in good working order and that any issues are managed quickly. S/he will model the values and principles of a collaborative, integrated and mutually supportive team, which is committed to British Council equal opportunity and diversity policy.
|Salary||Pay Band 2|
|Duration||1-Year fixed term with possibility of renewal|
|Closing date||Friday 23 November 2018|
- Carry out planned maintenance activities, projects, refurbishments and react to electrical breakdowns or faults in a timely, professional & customer focused manner.
- Execute repairs and works safely and in accordance with the quality standards of the British Council, industry best practice, British standards and Kenyan electrical regulations & requirements where applicable to LV domestic / housing electrical works and light industrial/commercial plant and equipment.
- Take ownership of electrical projects, repairs and renewals / re-wires, producing technical reports, accurate time frames for completion of works, outlining all resources required, start date, end date, project milestones and dependencies.
- Safely perform electrical testing and produce electrical installation condition reports or electrical installation certificates as required and on completion of works.
- Lead and mentor colleagues in electrical methods including design, installation, inspection & test.
- Liaise with technical & non-technical colleagues to provide updates on works progress in a suitable language that is understood by all parties.
- Actively contribute to safe working practices and ensure all work is undertaken safely by self and others
- Identify materials required and create work package(s) for refurbishment, improvement, renewal and re-wire to ensure the electrical installation meets the electrical compliance standards of the British Council, the current edition of BS7671, Kenyan electrical regulations & requirements where applicable and any other relevant standard(s).
- Produce comprehensive bills of materials and estimates of costs for high-quality electrical components, labor and materials.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all areas of work to achieve the best value for money, safety compliance and standards of build.
- Typically, duties may include: Routine electrical maintenance (LV), electrical design for small projects, electrical construction, test & inspection, undertaking full building re-wires, fault finding, Consumer Board & Distribution Board replacement, repairs to installations, installation of circuit accessories, Industrial Control panel repairs / modification, repairs and replacement to wiring in commercial buildings and special locations (cafeteria, plant room) Working at height and outside work may be required on occasion including on high risk plant (e.g. generator room).