Operations Manager - Kenya
To support the Head of Operations Kenya in managing Operations across the country. He/She will assist Head of Operations with focus on delivering priority work and projects around policy management, oversight in relations to UKAS accommodations/leases, estates management, and direct supervision of IT and the Regional Executive Support & Protocol Officer. The role is key to enabling the efficiency and effectiveness of the Kenya operations. Primary objectives will include creating policy uniformity across estates and premises, accommodations, H&S, protocol and IT implementations
|Closing date||Friday 23 November 2018|
- To oversee the provision of professional, cost-effective, quality contracted services for premises, maintenance, security and general running costs to provide a comfortable, healthy and safe working environment for all staff and visitors to all BC properties. To
- Manage specific projects and initiatives as required to provide oversight in policy administration of UK appointed staff international posting benefits
- Manage the inventory process - ensuring that an inventory takes place at offices and all residences and the results are accurately recorded. Update inventory as required when there is a change in circumstances – i.e. office/residence refurbishment or arrival/vacation at residence and support the corporate fixed asset process.
- Provide effective management of estate suppliers and landlords and ensure that the recurring payment list register for vendors is effectively managed and is up to date.
Emergency Crisis Plan
- To support Head of Operations in the maintenance of the Crisis Action Plan and the Business Continuity plan, plus the provision of adequate alternative venues for business continuity in crises.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Security standards are met in all premises and all residences.
- To support the Head of Operations in monitoring the external (political, legal and economic) and internal (corporate standards and procedures) environments and analyse changes and developments in them. To recommend an appropriate course of action in response to changes and developments. To contribute to external environment risk analysis and management and follow best practice and corporate standards and meet office needs.
- Ensure that all operational activities are consistent with key equal opportunities and diversity principles
Business process management
- To provide guidance and support to programme teams and SBUs Heads on effective business processes underpinning programme and project delivery, including standardisation of practices across SBUs and compliance with corporate standards.
- To provide oversight of Protocol policies and procedures including processing of UK appointed staff legal documents and keep updated knowledge of changing laws in the host country.
- Ensure that UK staff residences are always fit for purpose, secure and well maintained in terms of contents, utilities and services. Management of other services for UK staff including liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Immigration department on Visas, residence permit, payment of School Fees etc.
- Support the inventory process – ensuring that an inventory takes place within the office and all residences and the results are accurately recorded. Ensure inventory is updated when there is a change in circumstances – i.e. office/residence refurbishment or arrival/vacation at residence.
- To provide oversite for effective and appropriate IT service delivery and usage in British Council Kenya office, including relations with GSD, user training and support for applications, staff compliance with IT policies and standard
How to apply
Application Deadline is 23 November 2018 (23:59 UK time)