The post holder will be expected to carry out maintenance, repairs, install and fabricates plumbing related equipment and systems to include valves, piping, pressure regulators, backflow preventers, strainers, fire sprinkler systems, grease traps, etc. He/she will provide oversight for contractor work performed on or at British Council properties as well as some plumbing related project management responsibilities
|Duration||Fixed Term 1-Year|
|Closing date||Friday 23 November 2018|
- Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings, sinks, showers, toilets, water heaters and related plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, gas and drainage systems.
- Opens clogged drains by use of hand or power operated devices.
- Cleans spills, debris, leaks, etc. caused by backups or repair techniques.
- Coordinate repair of tile, re-plaster or paint walls through which holes have been cut to gain access to plumbing. Coordinate final clean or affected area after water damage or contamination.
- Coordinate requisition of materials used or needed for repairs
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Installs, repairs, maintains, tests and upgrades plumbing, piping systems, equipment including: Schedule 40 and 80 pipes; PVC, CPVC, Poly tubing; Copper, brass, stainless steel; Fiberglass; Steam and condensate; Water; Gas; Hydraulic and Pneumatic; Rigging and Hoisting
- Tests, repairs, and maintains backflow prevention and condensate return devices.
- Assist with design and calculations of plumbing and piping additions or modifications.
- Be a resource for any project related work within the British Council office building or other owned property.
- Responsible for obtaining all Kenyan required permits and registrations as per building and maintenance regulations
- Ability to read industrial flow diagrams and plumbing blueprints and apply plumbing codes.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills while focused on customer service.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Manual dexterity for delicate work. Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work in all British Council areas and outside the office which can include heights up to 30 ft, working on ladders, confined spaces. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odours and dust. Exposure to high noise levels. Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous. Also work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
- Performs all other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
How to apply
Closing date for applications is 23 November 2018 (23:59 UK time)