In an increasingly competitive and global market, researchers and the institutions they represent need to communicate their research effectively to an international audience. Researchers need the communication skills to enable them to publish in international journals and present at conferences in English; apply for funding to national and international bodies; communicate with the wider public and policy-makers; and build international collaborations to further their research.
The British Council has introduced the Researcher Connect training course to match the needs of researchers, helping them to operate internationally. Researcher Connect is a fully paid for professional development course, for researchers that focus on communication skills for international, multicultural contexts. The costs that will be covered include: training fee, travel by road, accommodation and subsistence.
Taking place on 6 - 8 February 2019 in Nairobi and on 11-13 February 2019 in Kisumu, the British Council invites you to apply for Researcher Connect training workshop by filling in and submitting your application form through the link provided below. The British Council will allocate venue and date of workshop to qualified applicants based on the location of their institutions.
Deadline to receive applications is 15 January 2019.
WHAT IS RESEARCHER CONNECT
Researcher Connect is a series of short interactive modules for researchers at any stage of their career and from any academic discipline. It focuses on the development of excellent communication skills using English language in international, multi-cultural contexts. It is appropriate for upper intermediate level learners and above, and will enable learners to communicate their research effectively with a range of audiences in appropriate academic and/or professional styles. Researcher Connect is a series of modules delivered in workshop format by experienced trainers.
- The candidate has to be an early-career researcher (PhD student, PhD holder, Post-doctoral researcher).
- The candidate has to be an employee of an academic institute, a research body, a governmental or a non-governmental organisation.
- Intermediate to excellent speaking and writing English skills.
- The candidate must have not taken the Researcher Connect training before.
- The opportunity is open to candidates of Kenyan nationality only.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Improved Performance in publishing and presenting
- Stronger international and private sector collaborations
- Increase employability
BENEFITS FOR ORGANISATION
- Stronger representation at conferences
- Increased publication rates
- Higher quality funding applications
- Stronger international reputation and ranking
Fill in application form found on this link and submit
FOR INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES
For further information about the Researcher Connect, please do not hesitate to contact us on