This role is responsible for supporting the end to end accounting process in Kenya and Regional office (in Kenya), including month and year-end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
|Closing date||Tuesday 25 June 2019|
Main opportunities for the role include but not limited to;
- Reconcile daily takings and post Cash Journal.
- Cash / Cheques / Credit Card income banked.
- Manage local systems for cheque/cash security.
- Ensure that the payroll exercise satisfies legal obligations and internal audit requirements.
- Ensure salaries are paid accurately and on time every month.
- Purchase to Pay
- Manage and monitor down payments.
- Manage the scanning of invoices to a common drive. Vendor management standards are met (monthly tasks).
- Travel and Expenses (T and E)
- Ensure that the travel and expenses process is being followed in accordance with the given processes and policies. This includes managing the corporate T and E audit process as requested by the financial hub
How to apply
Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification, by clicking on the links for relevant document to support your application:
Note that you should only fill out the application after thoroughly reading through the ROLE PROFILE & GUIDANCE NOTES.
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 25 June 2019 (23:59 UK Time)
Our Equality Commitment:
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks.