Fly higher with UK professional qualifications
We’re able to give you access to some of the most valuable UK based professional qualifications that will see your career soar. And you don’t need to leave the country to get the qualification.
Our staff will make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for your professional exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisor to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on exam day.
Who we partner with
You can study with several top professional bodies and take your exams in Kenya. We work with:
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Association of Chartered Certfied Accountants ( ACCA)
- College of Estate Management (CEM)
- College of International Marketing (CIM)
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Cambridge Assessment Admissions Tests
For any other professional exams you would like to enquire about, please contact us.
How do you register?
It’s really easy to register for your professional exams.
- First get in touch with your education institution and register your exam directly with them. You need to do this at least one month before your exam.
- Contact us to discuss the arrangements for sitting your exam with us.
How much does it cost?
Our fees depend on which exam you are taking – please contact us to find out how much it will cost to sit your exam.
Our fees do not include costs charged by the exam board. Please get in touch with the exam board to discuss their costs.
Our local administrative costs for UK Professional exams fees are Ksh. 10,100 per paper
For exams hosted at weekends and on public holidays, the charges are Ksh. 15,500 per paper
- Payments should be made at Standard Chartered bank - any branch.
- Please deposit Cash only (we do not accept cheques).
- Kindly note that we do not accept Mpesa Payments or direct ATM deposits.
- Payments made by bank transfer must include bank charges and will need to be cleared before your application is confirmed.
- Use the British Council Virtual Account Deposit Slips available in all Standard Chartered bank branches to make your payment.
Please note that our Exchange Rate for the month of August 2017 is Ksh. 136/= to £1
Follow the instructions below to complete the virtual account deposit slip:
- Ensure that your full candidate name is clearly indicated in the student name section. Your name must match the document (passport / ID) that you used to register with .
- For all other exams, candidates are required to bring their Original Kenyan ID / original and valid passport. Kindly note that if you do not hold a Kenyan ID you must bring your country's original and valid passport with you on your exam day (We do not accept Alien ID cards).Your name on the bank slip must match this document
- Please note that all exams have a reference code already printed after the exam name e.g. for CIPS , the reference code printed already on the slip is 99066 (subject reference code) for CIPS Exams, 99067 (CIPS membership), 99068 ( CIPS Exemptions) , 99069 ( ACCA Special Centres ) , 99070 ( ACCA CBT) 99071 ( Other professional exams ).
- In the ‘select the appropriate exam and indicate ID number of candidate in boxes’ field first tick the box of the exam that you are taking
- After the subject reference code, enter the code for month of exam (refer to the table below) followed by the full number of the document that you registered with, that is, your ID / Passport number as indicated above (kindly complete filling all the boxes with your document number even if the number of boxes in the field are not enough)
- For example if you’re registering for May CIPS Exams, with a passport number of A1234567 you will add 021234567 in the blank boxes at the subject reference code for your exam choice. For example for CIPS the subject reference code is 99066 and already printed on the bank slip so you will write i.e. 99066021234567 – ie the subject reference code is already there for CIPS 99066, then you write in the month of your exam (for May/June it is 01 and for Oct/Nov it is 02) and then you write in the passport / ID number ie 99066021234567 (do not add the letter from your passport)
- Test Codes: May/June Session - 01 Oct/Nov Session - 02
- Note: It is important to enter correct information in the fields to prevent delays with tracking your payment.
- Kindly note that you are still required to bring in the yellow slip copy to British Council to complete your registration. This needs to be submitted by the deadlines for your selected exams. Contact the Customer Services Team at British Council Nairobi for any further queries – Tel 020 283 6000 / 0732 117 000