Photo: Slingshot Media
A UK higher education from home
Not everyone can travel abroad to pursue their ambition of a degree from a UK university.
So we're here to help you earn that highly respected qualification, from Britain’s leading universities, without leaving the country.
We make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for the university exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisors to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on exam day.
Who we partner with
1) We work with all UK universities
2) Admissions Testing Service ( ATS):
-British Council Kenya is an authorised centre for the the Admissions Testing Service ( ATS) . The ATS are part of Cambridge Assessment who deliver tests such as BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) and the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), as well as tailored assessment services.
The Admissions Testing Service offers a range of tests and tailored assessment services to support selection and recruitment for educational institutions, professional organisations and governments around the world. These include:
- Assessments in thinking skills
- Admissions tests for medicine and healthcare
- Behavioural styles assessment
- Subject-specific admissions tests.
How do you register?
It’s easy to register for your university exams.
- Register for your exam directly with the institution you are enrolled with.
- Fill in an online form from the university and bring it to the British Council together with the bank slip showing evidence of payment and one recent passport photograph with a clear background.
- Once we have received your application and payment we confirm your registration.
- Please note, university exams are administered at British Council offices in Nairobi only.
Registration Process for other UK Universities & Professional one off exams
- For University / Professional one off exams (i.e. not sessional exams) that candidates book through their institution, payment must be received at least 5 working days prior to your exam date.
- Candidates must submit the completed General University / Professional Exam Registration form (i.e. NOT for sessional exams) , attach a recent passport photo, a copy of your ID / Passport (you will need to bring the original ID / Passport with you on your exam day), and the confirmation of payment – i.e yellow bank deposit slip
- Failure to submit the above as indicated above, will mean cancellation of your exam.
- Please note that the above applies to ONE off exams hosted at the British Council and NOT sessional Exams. The above does not apply to University of London (UOL) .
- The deadline dates for University Of London (UOL) exams are different, as are the fees . (See fees below)
How much will it cost?
Our fees do not include costs charged by the exam board. Please get in touch with the board to discuss their costs.
The cost per paper for University of London examinations is KES 7,800 for candidates sitting for 1 or 2 exams in a session (Same Session) .
The fee for candidates sitting for 3 or more exams in the same session , the fee is KES 5,500 per paper in a session (Same Session)
All other UK universities and UK Professional exams fees are KES 10,100 per paper.
For exams hosted at weekends and on public holidays, the charges are KES 15,500 per paper.
- Payments should be made at Standard Chartered bank - any branch.
- Please deposit Cash only (we do not accept cheques).
- Kindly note that we do not accept Mpesa Payments or direct ATM deposits.
- Payments made by bank transfer must include bank charges and will need to be cleared before your application is confirmed.
- Use the British Council Virtual Account Deposit Slips available in all Standard Chartered bank branches to make your payment
Follow the instructions below to complete the virtual account deposit slip:
- Ensure that your full candidate name is clearly indicated in the student name section.
- Candidates are required to bring their Original Kenyan ID / original and valid passport. Kindly note that if you do not hold a Kenyan ID you must bring your countries original and valid passport with you on your exam day (We do not accept Alien ID cards). Your name on the bank slip must match this document.
- Please note that all exams have a reference code already printed after the exam name e.g. for University of London, the reference code printed already on the slip is 99073 (subject reference code). For Heriot Watt University the reference code is 99074. For all other universities , the code is 99072.
- In the ‘select the appropriate exam and indicate ID number of candidate in boxes’ field first tick the box of the exam that you are taking
- After the subject reference code, enter the code for month of exam (refer to the table below) followed by the full number of the document that you registered with, that is, your ID / Passport number as indicated above (kindly complete filling all the boxes with your document number even if the number of boxes in the field are not enough)
- For example if you’re registering for May University of London Exams, with a passport number of A1234567 you will add 021234567 in the blank boxes at the subject reference code for your exam choice. For example for University of London the subject reference code is 99073 and already printed on the bank slip so you will write i.e. 99073021234567 – ie the subject reference code is already there for University of London 99073, then you write in the month of your exam (for May it is 02) and then you write in the passport / ID number ie 99073021234567 (do not add the letter from your passport)
- Note: It is important to enter correct information in the fields to prevent delays with tracking your payment.
- You are still required to bring in the yellow slip copy to British Council to complete your registration. This needs to be submitted by the deadlines for your selected exams. Contact the Customer Services Team at British Council Nairobi for any further queries – Tel 020 283 6000 / 0732 117 000
You can collect your results from the British Council for University of London and Cambridge exams. All other universities send the results directly to the candidates.
University of London Registration Deadlines
University of London Exam Registration dates October/November 2017 Session :
|Programme||Entry Opens||Entry Deadline|
|Agribusiness, Applied Economics, Environment and Biodiversity, Sustainability and Development (CeDEP) [MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert/Individual Modules]||03-Jul-17||01-Aug-17|
|Financial Economics, Financial Management and Public Policy and Management - CeFIMS [MBA/MSc/PG Dip/Individual Modules]||03-Jul-17||01-Aug-17|
|Global MBA [MBA/PG Dip/PG/Cert]||03-Jul-17||31-Aug-17|
|International Business [MSc/PG Dip/Individual Modules]||26-Jul-17||25-Aug-17|
|International Management [MBA/MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert/Individual Modules]||26-Jul-17||25-Aug-17|
|Law: Master of Laws [LLM/PG Dip/PG Cert/Individual Modules]||03-Jul-17||25-Aug-17|
|Law: Undergraduate Laws [LLB/Diploma in Law/Individual Courses]||21-Aug-17||14-Sep-17|
|Livestock Health and Production and Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health [MSc, PG Diploma and PG Cert]||03-Jul-17||01-Aug-17|
|Masters in Professional Accountancy [MSc/PG Cert]||03-Jul-17||31-Aug-17|
University of London Exam Venue:
Oshwal College on 2nd Parklands Avenue.
University of London Exam Fees:
Ksh. 7,800/= for 1 or 2 papers and Ksh. 5,500/= for 3 or more papers in the same session.
University of London Refund Policy
All University of London candidates should be aware of the below guideless regarding our refund process:
- It is the candidate's responsibility to request a refund.
- All refunds will be charged a 25% penalty.
- The request for refund has to fall within the refund policy conditions.
- For all overpayments, the timelines still apply.
- No overpayments will be carried forward to the next session .
- Please download our University of London Application From below.
- Please download our Exams Refund Policy below.