Photo: Slingshot Media
A UK higher education from home
Not everyone can travel abroad to pursue their ambition of a degree from a UK university.
So we're here to help you earn that highly respected qualification, from Britain’s leading universities, without leaving the country.
We make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for the university exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisors to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on exam day.
Who we partner with
1) We work with all UK universities
2) Admissions Testing Service ( ATS):
-British Council Kenya is an authorised centre for the the Admissions Testing Service ( ATS) . The ATS are part of Cambridge Assessment who deliver tests such as BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) and the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), as well as tailored assessment services.
The Admissions Testing Service offers a range of tests and tailored assessment services to support selection and recruitment for educational institutions, professional organisations and governments around the world. These include:
- Assessments in thinking skills
- Admissions tests for medicine and healthcare
- Behavioural styles assessment
- Subject-specific admissions tests.
How do you register?
It’s easy to register for your university exams.
- Register for your exam directly with the institution you are enrolled with.
- Fill in an online form from the university and bring it to the British Council together with the bank slip showing evidence of payment and one recent passport photograph with a clear background.
- Once we have received your application and payment we confirm your registration.
- Please note, university exams are administered at British Council offices in Nairobi only.
Registration Process for other UK Universities & Professional one off exams
- For University / Professional one off exams (i.e. not sessional exams) that candidates book through their institution, payment must be received at least 5 working days prior to your exam date.
- Candidates must submit the completed General University / Professional Exam Registration form (i.e. NOT for sessional exams) , attach a recent passport photo, a copy of your ID / Passport (you will need to bring the original ID / Passport with you on your exam day), and the confirmation of payment – i.e yellow bank deposit slip
- Failure to submit the above as indicated above, will mean cancellation of your exam.
- Please note that the above applies to ONE off exams hosted at the British Council and NOT sessional Exams. The above does not apply to University of London (UOL) .
- The deadline dates for University Of London (UOL) exams are different, as are the fees . (See fees below)
How much will it cost?
Our fees do not include costs charged by the exam board. Please get in touch with the board to discuss their costs.
The cost per paper for University of London examinations is KES 7,800 for candidates sitting for 1 or 2 exams in a session (Same Session) .
The fee for candidates sitting for 3 or more exams in the same session , the fee is KES 5,500 per paper in a session (Same Session)
All other UK universities and UK Professional exams fees are KES 10,100 per paper.
For exams hosted at weekends and on public holidays, the charges are KES 15,500 per paper.
- Bank Transfer
- Online Payments
- Cash deposit
- You may make payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or RTGS with the relevant details to facilitate the same being as shown below
- All bank transfer charges should be factored in when making the bank transfer and must be cleared before your application is confirmed
- Payments made without the transfer fees will be deducted automatically
Account Name:The British Council
Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Account Number: Enter the corresponding product virtual account number
Branch: Kenyatta Avenue
Bank Code: 02
Branch Code: 078
- Payment for the exams can be made using a bank credit or debit card
- All candidates should print their payment confirmation and attach to their application
Cash Deposit through the bank:
- All cash deposit payments should be made at Standard Chartered bank - any branch.
- Kindly note that we do not accept Mpesa Payments or direct ATM deposits.
- Use the British Council Virtual Account Deposit Slips available in all Standard Chartered bank branches to make your payment
- Follow the instructions below to complete the virtual account deposit slip:
- Ensure that your full candidate name is clearly indicated in the student name section. Your name must match the document (passport / ID) that you used to register with.
- For all exams, candidates are required to bring their Original Kenyan ID or valid passport. Kindly note that if you do not hold a Kenyan ID you must bring your country's original and valid passport with you on your exam day (We do not accept Alien ID cards).Your name on the bank slip must match this document.
- Under the "Reference Code” Tab, this will be generated and issued to you by the British Council Customer Service Registration desk.
- Under the ‘Select Appropriate Exam and Indicate Its Virtual Account Number’ Tab, enter the corresponding university virtual account number from the table below :
University of London
Heriot Watt University
Other University Exam
Note: It is important to enter correct information in the fields to prevent delays with tracking your payment.
Kindly note that you are still required to bring in the yellow bank slip copy to British Council to complete your registration. This needs to be submitted by the deadlines for your selected exams. Contact the Customer Services Team at British Council Nairobi for any further queries – Tel 020 283 6000 / 0732 117 000
You can collect your results from the British Council for University of London and Cambridge exams. All other universities send the results directly to the candidates.
University of London Registration Deadlines 2018:
Candidates taking part in the May/June 2018 session and Sep/Oct 2018 session will get their dates for registrations and timetables published on University Of London website .
University of London Exam Venue:
Oshwal College on 2nd Parklands Avenue.
University of London Exam Fees:
Ksh. 7,800/= for 1 or 2 papers and Ksh. 5,500/= for 3 or more papers in the same session.
University of London Refund Policy
All University of London candidates should be aware of the below guideless regarding our refund process:
- It is the candidate's responsibility to request a refund.
- All refunds will be charged a 25% penalty.
- The request for refund has to fall within the refund policy conditions.
- For all overpayments, the timelines still apply.
- No overpayments will be carried forward to the next session .
- Please download our University of London Application form below.
- Please download our Exams Refund Policy below.