The British Council in Kenya offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based and computer-delivered test||KES 25,800||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||KES 28,700||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||KES 21,830||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via cash deposit at any branch of Standard Chartered in Kenya using the British Council Virtual Account deposit slip. Please make sure you indicate your IELTS reference number on the cash deposit slip.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us a scanned copy of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org within two working days from the date you registered:
- a valid scanned copy of your identification document that you registered with.
- a scanned copy of test fee cash deposit slip/payment receipt.
If we do not receive the above documents within two working days, your application will automatically be cancelled.
Once your booking is complete, you will receive the following emails:
- Registration confirmation, along with your test venue (address) and the test start time.
- Speaking test confirmation. Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.