Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||KES 29,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||Kes 29,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS for UKVI Academic - in centre||KES 32,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS for UKVI General training - in centre||Kes 32,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||KES 22,600||Find a test date|
What you need to book:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system where you will be offered the option of card or mobile money payment or via cash deposit at any branch of Standard Chartered in Kenya using the British Council Virtual Account deposit slip. Please read more here before proceeding with payment via mobile money
If you pay offline, please make sure you indicate your IELTS reference number on the cash deposit slip.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us a scanned copy of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org within two working days from the date you registered:
- a valid scanned copy of your identification document that you registered with.
- a scanned copy of test fee cash deposit slip/payment receipt.
If we do not receive the above documents within two working days, your application will automatically be cancelled. Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system where you will be offered the option of card or mobile money payment or via cash deposit at any branch of Standard Chartered in Kenya using the British Council Virtual Account deposit slip.
After you have booked your test:
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address.
- your Speaking Test date.
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.