See the registration process for school exams co-ordinators below:
Request a school exam entry form
If you are a British Council attached centre, you are responsible for entering your students for school exams. Email your local British Council office for a school exam entry form.
The registrations close on 15 February 2021.
Complete the entry form
Download and print the exam registration forms for your school candidates. To complete their forms, students will need one colour passport-size photograph. This must be taken within the past three months.
Please ensure that you do not exceed your school's agreed quota of students for examination.
You can register students individually or in bulk. If you would like to bulk register your candidates, please contact your local British Council office for more information.
Make your payment
Schools must pay any invoices received before the end of each registration period.
Please note: All payments should include an additional KES 5,400 per candidate to cover the KNEC fee. Payments made without any bank transfer fees and KNEC will cause your application to be rejected.
Cash Deposit through the bank:
All cash deposit payments should be made at Standard Chartered Bank - any branch.
Follow the instructions below to complete the virtual account deposit slip:
- Ensure that your full candidate name is clearly indicated in the student name section. Your name must match the document (passport / Kenyan ID) that you used to register with. Your name on the bank slip must match this document.
- Enter your Registration Reference Number.
- Under Virtual Account Number please enter 9906113863629
- After making payment, send your proof of payment to KEInformation@britishcouncil.org To minimise delays you must include your Registration Reference Number in all communications.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or RTGS
|Beneficiary Bank Name||
Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Kenyatta Avenue 078
|Payment Reference*||Name, Surname and Reference Number. Example: PeterSmit-03|
Once you have made the payment, please submit the proof of payment (bank transfer or deposit slip) to email@example.com.
Please note: your candidates' applications will not be processed until payment has been received. There may be additional fees for late registration and making changes to your registration.
Submit your school's application
You have completed the entry form spreadsheet and made the correct payment for your candidates. Now you are ready to submit your school's application.
To do this, you will need to send the below to your local British Council exams centre via email and via courier:
Your email should include two attached documents:
- Your completed entry form spreadsheet for all candidates
- A scanned copy of your bank deposit slip
- The subject title of the email should be your exam centre code and your CIE or Pearson Edexcel centre number.
Send the following documentation by courier to your local British Council exams centre:
- Your bank deposit slip
- A photocopy of the information data page(s) of candidate(s)
- One current passport-size photo– the photo should be stapled to the copy of student ID.
Please write your CIE or Pearson Edexcel attached centre number and the relevant candidate numbers (as shown on entry form spreadsheet) on the back of all documents and photos.
Your registration is now complete
You have now successfully registered for school exams with the British Council. You will receive your candidates' Statements of Entry and information about examination venues approximately three weeks before their exams.