Only bank payments are accepted, details can be obtained at the reception desk when you submit your application.
Please ensure you keep a copy of your receipt as proof of payment. See the price list for each subject and option on the downloads section below.
- Payments should be made at Standard Chartered bank - any branch.
- Please deposit Cash only (we do not accept cheques).
- Kindly note that we do not accept Mpesa Payments or direct ATM deposits.
- Payments made by bank transfer must include bank charges and will need to be cleared before your application is confirmed.
- Use the British Council Virtual Account Deposit Slips available in all Standard Chartered bank branches to make your payment
Follow the instructions below to complete the virtual account deposit slip:
- Ensure that your full candidate name is clearly indicated in the student name section.
- For all other exams, candidates are required to bring their Original Kenyan ID or original and valid passport. Kindly note that if you do not hold a Kenyan ID you must bring your country's original and valid passport . (We do not accept Alien ID cards). Your name on the bank slip must match this document
- Please note that all exams have a reference code already printed after the exam name e.g. for Cambridge School Exams , the reference code printed already on the slip is 99061(subject reference code) for ( CIE A Level), 99061 ( CIE A Level), 99063( CIE O Level), 99064 ( CIE IGCSE), 99065 ( CIE AS Level),
- In the ‘select the appropriate exam and indicate ID number of candidate in boxes’ field first tick the box of the exam that you are taking
- After the subject reference code, enter the code for month of exam (refer to the table below) followed by the full number of the document that you registered with, that is, your ID / Passport number as indicated above (kindly complete filling all the boxes with your document number even if the number of boxes in the field are not enough)
- For example if you’re registering for May Exams, with a passport number of A1234567 you will add 021234567 in the blank boxes at the subject reference code for your exam choice. For example for CIE A Level the subject reference code is 99061 and already printed on the bank slip so you will write i.e. 99061021234567 – ie the subject reference code is already there for CIE A Level 99061, then you write in the month of your exam (for May it is 02) and then you write in the passport / ID number ie 99061021234567 (do not add the letter from your passport)
- Note: It is important to enter correct information in the fields to prevent delays with tracking your payment.
- Kindly note that you are still required to bring in the yellow slip copy to British Council to complete your registration. This needs to be submitted by the deadlines for your selected exams. Contact the Customer Services Team at British Council Nairobi for any further queries – Tel 020 283 6000 / 0732 117 000
Each examination board has a normal registration stage (see registration dates and deadlines below) for each exam session. You may still be able to register for exams after this date, but you will have to pay a penalty fee. You can find more information about late registration penalty fees on your exam registration form.